The General Fund
Perhaps the most valuable way to support the School is to make a donation to our General Fund, allowing it be used where it is needed most at the time.
The Royal Ballet School has endured many years of almost standstill funding from the Department for Education, during which time the costs of training and educating our dancers has continued to rise. This has left an ever-increasing shortfall. A hugely beneficial way to support the School is to make an unrestricted donation to the General Fund. This will be deployed where it is most needed and help meet the ‘general costs’ of running one of the world’s greatest ballet schools. £500,000 needs to be raised, in general donations, every year.
Please support our General Fund by making:
A general donation – please see How to donate
Or better still, pledge a regular donation and join our Corps by setting up a Direct Debit or making a donation direct from your salary through Payroll Giving or Give as you Earn.
A gift of shares is also a great way to donate and can be a tax-efficient and financially shrewd way to support a charity. Find out more.
Donors to the General Fund are greatly valued and those who support at a higher level receive:
- Invitations to the School to watch students in class
- Opportunities to attend School performances
- Invitation to the School’s Summer Performance at the Royal Opera House
- An additional special Corps event
- Encore – The Royal Ballet School’s biannual e-newsletter
- Grateful acknowledgement in the School’s Annual Report
* complimentary for donors over £1,000