Mid Associate Programme
Our Mid Associate programme is for girls and boys aged 11-13 who wish to take class at The Royal Ballet School, alongside their regular ballet classes.
Our Mid Associates are in School Years 7, 8 and 9.
Classes run from September to July on Saturdays at five centres around the country, in London, Birmingham, Bath, Manchester and Newcastle, and Sundays in Dundee.
Mid Associate boys are encouraged to attend our London Centre where specialist boys’ classes are held.
- Aged 11.00-13.11 by 31 August 2021 (apply in school years 6, 7, 8)
- Demonstrable commitment to the study of ballet
- Ability to travel to your nearest Associate centre each day that classes are run during the academic year
- Body Conditioning
- Barre work
- Centre work including pirouettes
- Pre-pointe work strengthening and pointe-work (girls)
The School aims to invite all Associate students to attend one pre-general rehearsal at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden during the year
In addition, we invite students to attend a workshop held at the Upper School to enhance their training
- Occasionally, Associates are asked to take part in productions by The Royal Ballet, Birmingham Royal Ballet and visiting companies
- A developed understanding of The Royal Ballet School System of Training
- Enhanced ballet training with the view to a full-time vocational education
- Dancing with students of a similar age who share the same passion and drive for a career in dance
- The creation of life long friendships