‘I thoroughly enjoyed the Enlighten webinar and learnt so much. It was full of interesting information and ideas and it delivered excellently.’ – Recent Enlighten webinar attendee
‘Informative, informal, inspiring and a brilliant reminder of how to strive towards, and maintain, excellent studio practice. Thank you!’ – Recent Enlighten webinar attendee
Enlighten is The Royal Ballet School’s series of webinars for dance teachers. Our webinars provide invaluable insight and information surrounding all aspects of dance teaching and learning.
Enlighten webinars are a unique opportunity to gain advice and support from our expert staff. They also draw on the School’s heritage and knowledge as a world leader in dance training and education.
These one-hour webinars cover a variety of informative topics ranging from the technical and artistic aspects of dance training and pedagogy through to business modelling and management.
Enlighten webinars are ideal for developing teachers’ CPD portfolio and are an excellent supplement to our Inspire series of seminars.
How are Enlighten webinars delivered?
Our expert tutors deliver each webinar at a variety of times to suit teachers worldwide.
Teachers can choose which webinars they would like to attend, creating their own programme best suited to their needs.
The webinars will be delivered via Zoom and PowerPoint presentations. The tutors will then offer advice and support in relation to the topic discussed during a question and answer session at the end of each webinar.
Our webinars remain capped at 20 participants to ensure integrity and quality of service.
How to book
Booking for the Summer 2021 webinars is now open. Follow the links below to book your place today.
You can sign up to our e-news to be the first to hear about new Enlighten webinars.
We are delighted to be offering the following topics in the summer series:
Reaching their potential: an overview of the skills required to achieve in dance
Monday 31 May, 9am and 2pm and Wednesday 2 June, 7pm GMT +1
It is the integration of both nature and nurture that constitutes the elite performer. This session provides an introduction to the ingredients of successful performers and highlights possible reasons for skill fluctuation.
- To categorise skill learning into three interrelated domains
- To appreciate the range of skills within each domain
- To appreciate the reasons for skill fluctuation
Striving for excellence: improving our effectiveness as teachers
Tuesday 8 June, 9am and Thursday 10 June, 2pm and 7pm GMT +1
What are the ingredients of a successful teacher? What can we do as teachers to help our students learn? This session outlines the areas of dance pedagogy that we all as teachers need to reflect upon in order to develop our practice.
- To highlight areas of pedagogy in relation to the teaching of dance
- To identify the ingredients needed for being an outstanding teacher: the five E’s
- To reflect upon areas of teaching that may require professional development
Nurturing the thinking dancer: with the Franklin Method®
Tuesday 22, 2pm and 7pm and Thursday 24 June, 9am GMT +1
This session will look at different pedagogical strategies that can help to develop a student’s physical, cognitive and affective skills by using concepts taken from the Franklin Method. The Franklin Method is a way of understanding and improving movement through engaging the body and the mind equally. This webinar will include a very small practical element, no space needed, it can be done standing up or sitting down.
- To experience techniques that enhance proprioceptive and kinaesthetic feedback.
- To increase body awareness, contributing to a greater anatomical understanding.
- To explore different types of imagery that help to develop the quality of a movement.
- To develop strategies that will enhance the student’s ability to focus and engage in their own learning process.
Mindset Matters: empowering students to achieve
Thursday 1 July, 7pm and Friday 2 July, 9am and 2pm GMT +1
We are now beginning to truly understand the power of mindset and how it affects success in all areas of life. As teachers of dance, it is essential we know how to nurture our students’ psychological skills as well as their physical. Understanding how to foster a positive and growth mindset will help you to motivate your students in believing in their ability to achieve. Through innovative teaching your students will be empowered to reach their potential, allowing them to thrive on challenges and effectively manage change. In light of recent world-wide events this webinar is a must; providing you with tips, tools and strategies that will help enable your students to grow in confidence, skill and purpose.
- To examine how we learn and grow.
- To determine aspects of mindset that are essential for success.
- To reflect on characteristics of teacher behaviour that can influence student mindset.
- To provide a selection of strategies that foster a growth mindset.